Unsure what would best suit your family member? See our current programmes below for more information.
Our provision, Prep4, is suited to 16-18 year old school leavers/recent school leavers (limited 18+ places available) who want to start actively planning for their future, either into Employment, into College or into Modern Apprenticeships. Key points include:
- Chance to gain real life work experience in areas such as retail, childcare, mechanics and hairdressing
- Gain SQA recognised qualifications
- Help with CV, applications, interview techniques and more
- Care giver still eligible for child benefit and child tax credits*
- Young person will receive a weekly allowance plus travel expenses over £3
*See https://www.gov.uk/child-tax-credit-when-child-reaches-16 and https://www.gov.uk/child-benefit-16-19 for more information.
Galloway currently delivery both funded and commercial apprenticeships for those aged 16+ and currently in employment. Eligibility criteria applies to fully funded Modern Apprenticeships. Key points include:
- Currently available in Business & Administration, Payroll and Digital Marketing
- Option of paper or e-portfolio for ease of use
- Completed in the workplace over 6 – 12 months
- Candidate fully supported by named assessor throughout delivery