Galloway currently offer Employability Fund and Modern Apprenticeship provisions, which are funded by Skills Development Scotland. We also provide commercial delivery of a range of qualifications and more information on these can be found here.
Our provision, Prep4, is marketed to 16-18 year old school leavers/recent school leavers (limited 18+ places available) who want to start actively planning for their future. Key points include:
- Young person will spend 10 – 13 weeks in placement, for 20 – 24 hours per week*
- Gives the young person an opportunity to gain real life work experience in their chosen vocational area
- Helps to develop their skills and confidence
- PVG disclosures completed by Galloway, where necessary
- Learners will complete SQA accredited learning qualifications
- Health and Safety check carried out by Galloway prior to our young person starting in a placement
- Monthly reviews completed with candidate and employer
- Support to help move the young person into Employment or a Modern Apprenticeship at their end of their work experience placement
*Dependant on whether they are completing a Stage 2 or Stage 3 programme
To discuss the prospects of becoming one of our approved employer placements, please use our contact us form.
Modern Apprenticeship (Fully Funded)
Modern apprenticeships are suited to those 16+ and currently in employment. Eligibility criteria applies to funded provisions (e.g. age, previous funded accreditation, additional support needs etc.)
Benefits to the Business:
- Fully funded by Skills Development Scotland
- Work based and relevant qualification to the current job role
- Training and observation carried out with minimum disruption to the daily routine
- Increased efficiency, leading to business growth
- Reduced staff turnover
To request more information or application forms for your employees please use our contact us form.